Calf Raises - Animated
eDiets - The online diet, fitness, and healthy living resource
- Stand with your feet 12 inches
apart with your weight on the front or "balls of the foot."
- You may wish to use a chair or
wall for stability.
- Slowly lift yourself until you
feel a full contraction of the calf muscles
- Hold this position for one
second, and then return to the start position.
- You may place your feet in three
- Pointed forward (trains the
middle area of the calf
- Pointed inward (trains the outer
portion of the calf)
- Pointed outward (training the
inner portion of the calf).
- Make sure to keep the knees
slightly bent during the motion.