Sample Leg Exercises Provided by
Global Health & Fitness
To see and read how
these customized program have worked for others,
Standing Calf Raises
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand (same
side as calf being worked) hanging down at side, palm in.
- Place the ball of one foot on the
edge of a raised object, letting your heel and arch extend off the object
stretching as far down as possible.
- Hold on to a machine, wall, etc.
with free hand and keep back straight, head up, and leg locked.
- Put other foot next to or behind
leg being trained.
- Raise up on toe as high as possible
and hold for a quick second while flexing the calf muscle.
- Return to the starting position in
a slow, controlled manner.
- Don't let hips move backward or
forward and don't bend at knee causing momentum.
- Don't shorten the height that you
raise up. Be sure to rise up as high as possible and flex your calf.