50 Secrets Of The
eDiets - The online diet, fitness, and healthy living resource
Can you keep a
secret? Better yet, can you keep 50? Can you use these secrets to change your
life and your body for the better? If you did nothing other than incorporate
these fitness secrets into your daily life, over a years time they would
amount to substantial change. In the free fitness tips below you will find
health fitness tips, fitness tips for women, fitness tips for men, physical
fitness tips, exercise fitness tips, diet fitness tips and much more
Here is what a fit person does:
1. Always keep a water bottle and drink
from it often. Water is the drink of choice, not soft drinks.
2. Look at exercise as a pleasure and
privilege, not a burden or chore.
3. Think twice before deciding what to eat
and why, making sure that it is healthy and will give the body good nutrition.
4. Measure intake based on activity, not
how you "feel." Need mandates intake, not mood.
5. Take action to solve problems when
things get emotional, instead of turning to food as a cure.
6. Start the day with a well-balanced meal.
7. Start each day with positive input --
from material that's listened to or read, helping you to remain positive
throughout the day.
8. Drink a minimum amount of caffeine,
only in the form of coffee or tea.
9. Make long-term goals and a plan of how
to achieve them, leaving nothing to chance.
10. Focus on short-term goals with an
emphasis on completing daily actions.
11. Live with a purpose. Wake up each day
knowing what you are working towards, something greater than can be
accomplished in a lifetime.
12. Keep a daily planner with the day's
actions written down in order to keep track of what needs to be done, what has
been done, and what was not accomplished.
13. Review each day at the end of the day
to set tomorrow's actions and plan.
14. Always make time for relaxing and
rewards at scheduled times.
15. Never live an unhealthy life when on
16. See health as a privilege, not
something to take for granted.
17. Enjoy contributing to the health of
others by having a partner or friends to exercise with, as well as recruiting
others who desire to get fit.
18. Learn new ways and new techniques for
19. Avoid monotony by taking up new forms
20. Subscribe to health magazines to keep
focused on a healthy way of life.
21. Invest in workout clothes,
good tennis shoes, and other apparel.
22. Never take your health for granted by
taking a day off from a healthy life.
23. Know when too much of a good thing is
no longer a good thing.
24. Keep a sharp mind and a positive
attitude with educational and motivational material.
25. Take time to count the many blessings
that are present in life each day.
26. Realize that life and all things
natural are a gift and should be taken care of and preserved for the health of
27. Brush off criticism and don't dwell on
negative comments from others.
28. Attempt to bring calm and reasoning to
a hostile or chaotic situation.
29. Respond to a challenge instead of
reacting to what difficulties may be present.
30. Know that there is so much that is not
31. Understand that time is limited here on
32. Learn to live without regrets, and that
life is the experiences that we choose.
33. Take daily vitamin and mineral
supplements that support a healthy balance.
34. Value organization so as not to have
"clutter" in your life.
35. Value good hygiene inside -- the mind
and organs and muscles -- as well as on the outside, your skin, hair, and
36. Seek natural methods of health care
including massage, chiropractic, naturopathic in addition to medical care.
37. Take exercise to new levels.
38. Create a schedule for ultimate health
39. Move beyond the boundaries of weight
loss and into fitness.
40. Strive to reach your dreams everyday.
41. Live each day to its fullest.
42. Do not get into "wacky" diets and
43. Live a balanced life -- exercise, work,
family, and GOD.
44. Get adequate amounts of sleep.
45. Avoid medications and drugs of all sort
unless absolutely necessary.
46. Limit alcohol intake only for special
47. Do what the average person doesn't want
48. Exercise discipline by following a
49. Take a vacation by doing activities --
jet skiing, snow skiing, mountain biking, hiking in the outback, going to a
50. Know that life is fulfilling with
optimal health in the mind, spirit, and body!
Are any of these habits present in your
life today? As you read them, did they seem too unrealistic to ever be part of
your life? Trust me, in time they not only can be, they should be part of your
When I was 275 plus pounds, NONE of these
qualities were present in my life and I would never have believed that they
could be. Eight years later and 130 pounds lighter, I can assure you that each
and every one of these traits are part of my life today. Make it fun and see
how quickly you can begin to add each of these to your life. After all, what do
you have to lose?